Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Are You Doing for Snapshot Day?

If you read my post yesterday, you already know that the California Library Association (CLA) is encouraging people to visit their local libraries this week. “Snapshot: A Day in the Life of Your Library” was initiated by the American Library Association (ALA) in order to capture “what happens in libraries across the country in a single day.”

My family visits the library regularly. We love that they have books for each of us, and we look forward to the hours of enjoyment we get inside those pages. In addition, our library offers children’s activities, teen programs, adult literacy development, foreign language learning opportunities, seminars, workshops, and so much more!

Our city’s public library is celebrating Snapshot Day today. Lately the library has asked for more children’s books, so today we’ll be donating more than 20 gently-used children’s books. These will most likely be offered for sale to library patrons. The money generated from used book sales helps support many of the programs I mentioned. It may not seem like much but every donation helps.

Yesterday when I first told you about Snapshot Day I challenged you to find a way to support your local library. Have you checked it out yet?

For more information or to find a participating library near you, visit the California Library Association (CLA).

Please leave me a comment to tell me what you are doing! I can’t wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment